Real Art Tacoma staff is compiled of volunteers who are members of the community we are trying to serve. Our volunteers learn the ins and outs of how to run vital functions of a music venue. No one is turned away from volunteering, and each volunteer can dedicate as little or as much time to the venue as they would like.
These are examples of what a volunteer can contribute at Real Art Tacoma:
- Booking shows
- Show management
- Promoting shows
- Street team promotion
- Learning about live sound
- Help with and learn about stage management
- Helping learn and run a non profit business
- Working front door
- Working concessions
- Cleaning and maintaining the venue
For even more information of types of positions click this link
We all thank you for your time and effort in helping all ages music in Tacoma.
TO VOLUNTEER EMAIL US:
These are the kinds of things we look for in our volunteer staff. If you don't see something that resonates with you, or have other ideas and suggestions on how you'd like to help let us know and we'll try to plug you in!
- Are you friendly and good with numbers? We are looking for a welcoming and responsible door-person to greet patrons and handle money. This role is crucial to the success of our venue.
- This shift is approximately 6pm-10:30pm, with an option to work with a partner. Most shows are Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays
- We are looking for someone with 1-2 nights per week to commit to this
- This is a great resume-building opportunity for someone looking to go into retail, hospitality, public relations, and event staffing. High school students and those with limited work history are encouraged to inquire.
- Do you enjoy selling treats and also keeping track of those treats? Help Real Art sell candy, soda, and water during concerts. This on-site show position is crucial to the success of our venue.
- This position works approximately from 6pm-10:30pm, with an option to work with a partner. Most shows are Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, and we are looking for someone to commit a night or two per week.
- This role is a great resume-building opportunity for someone looking to go into retail, restaurant industry, supply-chain, or customer service. High school students and those with limited work history are encouraged to apply.
- Are you awesome at going with the flow? Real Art is seeking a naturally helpful person to float during shows.
- This person covers team members during restroom breaks, goes on errands, and relays communication throughout the venue.
- Shows are Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, and we are looking for someone with one-two nights per week to commit to this role.
- This opportunity is a great resume-building experience for someone looking to go into events, communications, and human resources.
- Some people love a line of code more than a line of eager concert-goers, and we get that. As web manager you will work collaboratively with booking, marketing, and that creative voice in your own head to help us get our web ducks in a row. Quack! We want your input into informational design practices, and the best ways to keep our website relevant. Previous experience desired. This is an on-going 5-10 hours/week role that require some in-person meetings
- Do you love organizing your concert going calendar-so you can maximize your event experience each day, each week, each month? Do you know more local bands than you can count? Do your friends count on you to plan and coordinate things because they can't be bothered with the details? Do you stalk touring band profiles more than anyone else?
- We need someone to field booking requests, actively reach out to touring bands, put bills together, communicate with show promoters, and work with the Real Art Team to make our shows happen.
- This role is on-going, 10-15 hours/week mostly done on-line and over the phone.
Social Media & Marketing
- This role creates and publishes digital content for Real Art Shows.
- We need someone who can take photos and can write (or learn to write) compelling digital copy that represents Real Art throughout the internet community. This person will work with management to develop and test social media strategies for Real Art. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to go into SEO and digital analytics, content marketing, and digital production.
- We expect 10-15 hours/week with some work performed during evening hours at shows.
- Are you a great listener who thrives on the chaos that is community?
- Real Art is seeking a representative to attend council meetings, work with local law enforcement, and cultivate relationships with businesses and schools.
- This role requires mastery of interpersonal skills including respect for diverse populations, the ability to reach out to people and set meetings, and a track record of follow-through on commitments.
- We expect 10-15 hours/week with work performed off-site. This is a great opportunity for someone going into (or already in) political relations, public relations, development, fundraising, and external communications.